Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Success!!

Just back from The Essential Health Clinic. Dr Tom's started me on 1mg of LDN daily. Over the moon! :D It's a low dose initially, and will be increased if required; it's a bout finding the correct dose for each patient. Unfortunately the pharmacy was closed for the evening, but I'll be off there at lunchtime tomorrow to collect my LDN. Can't wait!! He's also given me Barlean's Ultra EPA Omega-3 capsules (lemonade flavour, how cool!), and Baseline am & Baseline pm. Hopefully I'll be feeling an improvement soon.

Bloods were taken for my Uric Acid and Vit D levels. Vein in my hand blew again as usual and it's a bit on the sore side now (it's my only vein that provides blood easily and it always does that). Silly me forgot to have dinner before I went and needed a cuppa and a biscuit to bring my sugar up a bit. Terribly embarassing! Also opted for the Nitrotyrosine blood test (Tyscore Assay) which can detect disease activity in conditions such as MS: http://tyscore.com/

An article appeared in the Evening Times yesterday: PLEA TO FUND DRUG HELPING MS SUFFERES - http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/display.var.2533158.0.0.php

Just a quick update; I'll let you know how I get on as of tomorrow. Grinning like the Cheshire Cat. Woohoo!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Ava, good to know that LDN is working for you. It is so important we put the pressure on the Government/Parliament to make LDN as front line treatment and thanks for posting the article to the Glasgow Evening Times.

    I've been taking it for almost a year now and it certainly has helped my Ulcerative Colitis, my partner with his SPMS and am glad to see you are starting LDN newly diagnosed with LDN.

    I look forward to following your blog and seeing your how're getting on.

    Onwards and upwards!

    Cheers,
    Jayne

    ReplyDelete