Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Christmas Is Coming!

Every year I spend hours wrapping the presents I've bought for family and friends etc, tying bows on them and making them very pretty. I've noticed over the past couple of years it takes me longer to wrap them as my hands don't co-operate quite as well as they used to. So I just start earlier! This is a good thing in many ways, as I can be rather disorgnised when it comes to christmas and in past years have been running around shops on the 23rd buying presents.

This year, I can't carry many shopping bags or any for a long period due to hand tremors, so I've decided to do most of my christmas shopping online. It's much easier than battling through the shops, and because I have to start wrapping earlier, I'm almost completely organised with buying my presents already! That's a first for me. It doesn't spoil the festive feeling either I don't think - it's just a different way of shopping, and I can do it in the comfort of my own home with a hot chocolate without all the hassle of people pushing me out of the way or trying to carry bags. When the parcels are delivered, it's fun and almost like opening christmas presents!

I decided to sew this robin for my gran as part of her christmas as she loves robins. Took me a helluva long time, but I'm rather pleased with it and it kicks off the festive tone.


Think I'm going to buy my christmas cards from one of the MS charities this year, as all the profits go towards the charity. I've added the links to some of the online christmas card shops from the charities below:

The MS Trust:       

The Multiple Sclerosis Resource Centre:

The Multiple Sclerosis Society:

1 comment: