Thursday, November 12, 2009

Jehovah! Jehovah!

There's a fabulous sketch by Monty Python where a little old man is due to be stoned to death for saying a fish was fit for Jehovah, and says "Jehovah" again whilst waiting to be stoned. The crowd are shocked, but he says, "It can't get any worse!" (My very abridged and rather dreadful retell).

I think it sums up rather well my predicament at the moment - things can't get much worse. Having taken my steroids like a good girl, they've lowered my immune system to the extent that I now have a chest infection from a cold that started on Saturday night / Sunday. Dr has signed me off work for the week and given me Amoxicillin for a week to try and shift the infection. I've also been given a Ventolin Salbutamol inhaler to help my breathing (which is downright awful). Still feeling awful and breathing is rather difficult. Can't sleep either as I cough as soon as I lie down and can't get comfortable. After the steroids, my relapse doesn't seem to be getting any better either. Needless to say I'm not a very happy bunny.

On the upside, I had an appointment with my MS nurse today for another bladder scan and had 416ml prior to 'piddling' and 97ml retained after, which is an improvement on last week and also under the magic 100ml : ) Going back for another scan next week, and if I retain less than 100ml again next week, they'll be able to give me meds for my bladder problems and I won't have to be referred to the continence service. Fingers crossed.

Still taking LDN every night since I stopped my steroids, so hopefully it'll begin to have an effect soon.

No energy at the moment, so just a quick post. Will keep you updated.   

No comments:

Post a Comment